Sooo . . . . I started my injectable medications on Friday, Aug 24th. Nothing like a little stress to kick off an IVF cycle - the meds my doctor's office ordered on Wednesday so that I would have them in time for Friday, still had not been delivered from the mail order pharmacy. So, I had to argue with my rx provider to allow me to obtain some of the medication locally. Which they did, but only after I had to do the whole dramatic-arguement-on-the-phone thing. Which is just so cliche', don't you think?
When the box finally did arrive from the mail-order pharmacy, it was ridiculous. It was bigger than boxes I've ordered full of Christmas presents. Six different kinds of meds and about a MILLION syringes and big-assed needles, which of course, were right on top just to scare the crap out of me when I opened the box. Sheesh!
So as of now, my dear husband gets to give me shots in the morning AND evening. Before now, during our IUI cycles, we've only had to do evening shots, but IVF really takes things up a notch. Our whole lives now revolve around the medication schedule and doctor's appointments, etc. Which is nothing too new based on our prior attempts at IUI, but it's just more intense.
So it was interesting this weekend, trying to do the routine with my brother here visiting, who has no idea what is going on and would probably be bewildered by why do we need another kid when we have one already?
Right now, I am starting to feel a little action in the ovaries. Nothing too intense, yet. I get to go and get stabbed by the phlebotomist at the REs office tomorrow, AND they get to teach me how to mix my new medication cocktail they are now stepping me up to. I'd imagine they'll probably give me my morning shot there in the office, too. Multiple holes, yippeeee!
So, I get to look forward to playing mad scientist with high-potency fertility medications. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Wish me luck.
Oh, yeah. In the middle of this, my only child has his first day of kindergarten tomorrow. I haven't decided whether or not I am going to snatch him up and run away screaming from the school or not, yet.
I guess it's really no wonder that I've been feeling pretty down all this week? Even when I'm having fun, I feel sad these last few days, if that makes any sense. My husband actually admitted to me he is feeling sad about the need to go to IVF, too. Wow - I wouldn't have known unless he told me. He is always so even-keeled, it just never shows.
Well, my husband has to give me my latest shot.
More later after my blood work results tomorrow. Wish me luck on that, too!
-kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment